Tootsie Roll Shot
You’ll never believe these two common bar ingredients come together to make a shot that tastes great like a tootsie roll.
Tootsie rolls are a classic American candy. Despite what you might think, rather than being chocolate, it’s chocolate taffy.
This shot recreates the flavor of a tootsie roll with just two ingredients: an alcohol and a mixer.
It’s a great choice for chocolate lovers who want low ABV. For other options, try a Neapolitan shot or a fine mint shot.
- Double – Kahlua brings notes of chocolate and coffee. I do not recommend replacing it with another coffee liqueur.
- Orange juice – The acidity of JO acts to attenuate the coffee notes and accentuate the chocolate notes of Kahlua. I recommend using a pulp-free version.
How to do
- Add Kahlua and orange juice to a shaker. Shake until combined.
- Strain into shot glasses.
This post contains affiliate links (when you buy we earn some money at no cost to you). See our disclosure for more information.
- No shaker? Shake with a mason jar with a lid, or pour the ingredients directly into shot glasses and stir with a bar spoon.
- Want to make it a cocktail rather than a shot? Double the recipe below and serve it in a highball glass.
Tootsie Roll Kick
A two-ingredient shot that tastes like rolled candy.
- Preparation time: 2 minutes
- Total time: 2 minutes
- Yield: 2 1X
- Category: Blows
- Kitchen: American
1.5 ounces Double
1.5 ounces Orange juice
Add Kahlua and orange juice to a shaker with a few ice cubes.
Shake for 10-15 seconds, then strain into two shot glasses.