Oatmeal Cookie Shots
This three-ingredient shot is reminiscent of an oatmeal cookie. If you love Fireball, this shot recipe is for you!
I was looking for new recipes to make with Fireball when I remembered a delicious shot I had at a bar years ago – the oatmeal cookie shot.
It’s a dessert shot, which you know I love! Fortunately, it only takes three ingredients to make and I had them all on hand.
While it doesn’t taste exactly like an oatmeal cookie, it does have a similar flavor profile.
The Fireball obviously brings cinnamon, while the Caramel Schnapps and Irish Cream work together to mimic a rich cookie taste.
For creamier dessert shots, try a Cinnamon Toast Crunch shot (which also has Fireball) or a beautiful layered Snickers shot that tastes remarkably similar to the candy bar.
- Cinnamon whiskey – I recommend Fireball, but feel free to substitute your favorite.
- irish cream – Bailey’s is my favorite, but another Irish cream might work as well.
- Caramel Schnapps – Use “buttershots” or any caramel schnapps.
How to do
- Put all the ingredients in a shaker with a few ice cubes. Shake for about 15 seconds until well blended.
- Strain into a shot glass.
- This shot is even more delicious and creamy when served cold. Be sure to shake with ice, and you can even chill liquor bottles ahead of time.
- If you have an extra Fireball after crafting them, be sure to try a Fireball and a Dr. Pepper. It’s so much better than a Jack & Coke!
- Fancy a cocktail instead of a shot? Pour the contents of the shaker into a lowball glass with ice instead of two shot glasses.
Like most shots, the oatmeal cookie shot has a few different variations. So if you order it at a bar, you might be served something slightly different.
Common variations include adding a splash of Jagermeister or Goldschlagger, using cinnamon schnapps instead of Fireball, or adding Kahlua.
1 ounce Fireball
1 ounce Bailey’s Irish Cream
1 ounce Caramel Schnapps
Add the fireball, Irish cream and caramel schnapps to a shaker with a few ice cubes.
Shake for about 15 seconds until the ingredients are well mixed.
Strain into two shot glasses.
Well done and enjoy responsibly!