Melon Ball Shot
Looking for a fun and fruity shot that’s easy to make? Try it melon headbuttnamed after the flavor it gets from Midori melon liqueur.
If you’re looking for a crowd-pleasing shot that’s both delicious and visually stunning, this melon ball is just what you need! It’s the perfect way to add color and flavor to your evening.
The neon green shot packs a punch of sweet and tart flavors that will leave you and your guests coming back for more. And with just three simple ingredients, it’s easy enough to make, even for a beginner bartender!
- Midori – This is a melon flavored liqueur from Japan. Do not substitute.
- Vodka – Any brand of vodka will do. Since we mix this with other strong flavors, no need to break out the expensive stuff.
- Pineapple juice – Bottled, canned, or fresh pineapple juice all work in this recipe.
If you’re not sure what to do with the rest of your bottle of Midori, try making Tokyo Iced Tea (a tastier version of a Long Island) or Polyjuice Potion shots.
Like most shots and cocktails, there are a few variations to this recipe.
- flavored vodka – Using a citrus flavored vodka can make this even more delicious. Orange is my favorite, lemon is good too.
- OJ – Some bartenders use orange juice instead of pineapple juice. Not my preference, but it’s common.
How to do
- Put all the ingredients in a shaker with a few ice cubes. Shake until combined.
- Pour into a shot glass and serve.
- Use a fancy melon baller and toothpick to create a simple filling.
- No shaker? Use a mason jar, even a tumbler with a lid.
- If you’re not using a cocktail shaker, chill all the ingredients and your shot glasses ahead of time. Cold shots are smoother and have better flavor.
This post contains affiliate links (when you buy we earn some money at no cost to you). See our disclosure for more information.
Looking for more fruity and delicious shot recipes? Try the green tea shot (my favourite!) or the pineapple upside-down cake shot.
1 ounce Midori
1 ounce Vodka
1 ounce Pineapple juice
Put all the ingredients in a shaker with a few ice cubes. Shake vigorously for approximately 15 seconds until blended.
Pour into two shot glasses and enjoy!