Fruity Pebbles Treats | The Raw Recipe
These marshmallow-colored dessert squares are basically Rice Krispy treats made with fruity pebbles. Easy to make – no baking or special equipment required!
Rice Krispy candies are one of America’s most iconic desserts, and for good reason – they’re cheap, delicious, and easy to make.
But do you know what would make them better? If they were made with an even tastier cereal, like Fruity Pebbles!
Because they’re so simple to make, it’s the perfect dessert for kids. They’ll love helping to stir the marshmallows until they melt, then combine them with the Fruity Pebbles.
Another good news is that you don’t need fancy ingredients or equipment. All you need are marshmallows, butter, cereal, and some basic cooking utensils, like a saucepan and spatula.
If you’re looking for other no-bake dessert ideas, I recommend cookies and cream pie or German chocolate fudge.
- fruity pebbles – You can substitute another cereal, if you prefer.
- marshmallows – I like to use mini marshmallows because they melt faster than larger ones, but you can use any size.
- Butter – I use salted butter in this recipe to balance out the sweetness of the cereal. You can always add a pinch or two of salt if using unsalted butter.
How to do
- Melt butter in a pan.
- Add marshmallows and stir with a nonstick spatula until melted.
- Pour the marshmallow/butter mixture into a large mixing bowl. Add fruit pebbles and stir until combined.
- Spread the mixture into an 8×8 dish, then refrigerate for 3 hours.
This post contains affiliate links (when you buy we earn some money at no cost to you). See our disclosure for more information.
- Instead of using the stove, you can melt butter and marshmallows in the microwave. In a microwave-safe bowl, cook for 1 minute, stir, then cook for another 30 seconds. Stir until they are completely melted together.
- When you spread the marshmallow cereal mixture in your pan, do not mash too hard. This gives a hard and dense cereal treat, we want something light, airy and soft.
- Use a 9×13 pan instead of the 8×8 if you want a thinner fruity pebble treat.
Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
Alternatively, you can individually wrap fruity pebble treats and then store them in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Fruity Pebble Treats
- Preparation time: 3 hours
- Total time: 3 hours
- Category: Dessert
- Food: American
1/2 cup Salted butter
16 ounces Mini Marshmallows
7 cups fruity pebbles
In a large saucepan, melt the butter until it begins to foam. Add the marshmallows and stir the mixture constantly with a spatula until all the marshmallows have melted.
Pour the marshmallow mixture into a large mixing bowl with the cereal and gently fold the ingredients together until the cereal is evenly coated in the marshmallow mixture.
Spread the mixture into an 8×8 inch baking dish and let the Fruity Pebbles treats chill in the fridge for 3 hours.
Cut into squares, serve and enjoy!