Christmas Tree Cake Dip | The Raw Recipe
Light and fluffy dessert dip made with Little Debbie’s Christmas Tree Cakes. You’ll fall in love with how easy it is to prepare – no cooking required!
In my humble opinion, the most delicious wrapped snack cake on the planet is, without a doubt, Little Debbie’s Christmas Tree Cake. This is the one store-bought holiday treat I look forward to every year!
Last year, my jaw dropped completely when my TikTok feed was filled with people mixing up these delicious seasonal cupcakes and turning them into a dip. All I could think of was that I wanted a cake dip, and I wanted it NOW!
I saw a few different variations, so I committed to doing the hard work and testing various ingredients and amounts. The result is a light and fluffy dip that, believe it or not, isn’t too sweet.
I love making this to bring to Christmas parties and potlucks because it’s economical, quick and easy. There is no cooking necessary and the only tool you need is a hand mixer or stand mixer.
If you like variety, add it to my Christmas dessert dips platter as a fourth dip option. Perfect for eating on the couch during Christmas movie night!
This post contains affiliate links (when you buy we earn some money at no cost to you). See our disclosure for more information.
- Small Debbie Christmas Trees – You can use the classic vanilla version or the chocolate Christmas trees.
- Cream cheese – Use whole cream cheese for the best flavor.
- cool whip – Cool Whip is the secret to all great dessert dips. I wouldn’t recommend replacing it.
- Milk – A little milk helps get the dip to the right consistency. Use whole milk for best flavor.
- Vanilla extract – A little vanilla adds just the right amount of flavor.
- Asparagus – I used these red and green sprinkles to top the dip so it looks like the snack cake.
How to do
- Add all ingredients (except the sprinkles) to a mixing bowl.
- Mix with a hand mixer.
- Add to a serving bowl and garnish with sprinkles just before serving.
- Serve with various cookies for dipping.
What to serve with Christmas tree cake dip
You can dip almost any type of cookie in this dip.
Some of our favorites are:
- Vanilla sugar wafers
- Ginger biscuits
- Chess Butter Cookies
- Pirouette Sticks (chocolate & vanilla)
- Cakes with chocolate chips
- Sugar cookies
- Nilla Wafers
- Make a thicker dip by cutting the amount of Cool Whip in half. It will also be sweeter.
- Use red food gel to make curvy lines on top of the dip that look like holiday cake.
- Don’t add the sprinkles until ready to serve or their colors will bleed onto the white dip.
Looking for more no-bake Christmas desserts? Try this Easy Cranberry Fluff and Rolo Stuffed Ritz Crackers.
If you need something to wash it down, I recommend a Christmas Old Fashioned or an Iced Sugar Cookie Latte.
5 Little Debbie’s Christmas Tree Cakes
1 8 oz cream cheese block
16oz cool whip
1/4 cup Milk
1/8 tsp Vanilla extract
Red and green sequins
Add all ingredients, except the sprinkles, to a large mixing bowl.
Use a hand blender to mix until the ingredients are well combined. There will be a few lumps on the cakes – this is normal.
Place in an airtight container or in a serving bowl with plastic wrap. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
When ready to serve, sprinkle with red and green sprinkles. Serve with cookies.