All your favorite breakfast ingredients together in one hearty and delicious breakfast bowl! Full of eggs, bacon, potatoes, and veggies, this bowl will keep you satisfied and fueled all morning long.
This breakfast bowl is perfect for one person to enjoy, or to make big batches of the ingredients to feed a family! It’s easy to adjust the recipe up or down to make the amount needed. For a few of my family’s other favorite breakfast meals try these quick cinnamon rolls, these delicious German pancakes, or this amazing breakfast casserole.
This savory breakfast bowl is packed with seasoned potatoes, cheesy scrambled eggs, sauteed veggies, and crumbled bacon. The best breakfast ingredients are all together in one big happy bowl. Hearty and filling to get your day started right. Every bite is bursting with morning delight!
The best part of this breakfast bowl is that it is loaded with protein! Throw in some breakfast sausage or make this easy bacon recipe to go in these bowls. Then the toppings take things over the top. Add sliced avocado, green onions, and lots of cheese. You can add as many or as few toppings as you want and make them perfect for you! Fresh homemade salsa would also be delicious on top.
Most of these ingredients you will have on hand so it’s easy to make this breakfast bowl! I love making these bowls when I have leftover potatoes or bacon. All I have to do is cook the eggs and veggies and I’m all set. You can also prepare these ingredients ahead of time and your family will be all set for breakfast all week!
- Frozen Hash Brown Potatoes: Any kind of potato works in this recipe. I like the small cubed frozen potatoes!
- Paprika: To season the potatoes, it’s so delicious.
- Pre-Cooked Bacon: This makes it easy and fast when you use pre-cooked, but feel free to cook your raw bacon.
- Olive Oil: To saute the veggies.
- Green and Red Bell Peppers: I love peppers in this recipe, but any vegetable works!
- Red Onion: Red onion adds lots of flavor.
- Eggs: Use as many eggs as you would like. Scramble to your liking. Sometimes I do just egg whites.
- Water: A little bit of water makes the eggs nice and fluffy!
- Salt and Pepper: Season the eggs and potatoes with salt and pepper to taste.
- Mexican Blend Cheese: I love this blend of cheese but you can use any kind of cheese.
- Avocado: Fresh avocado on top is so delicious!
- Green Onion: Sliced green onion for garnish.
How to Make a Breakfast Bowl
This breakfast bowl is super simple to put together. You just cook all the individual parts and then they all come together easily with little fuss or prep needed. Make a big batch and place it in meal prep containers. It’s perfect for the mornings you need a good hearty breakfast! A great gluten-free meal as well.
- Cook and Season the Potatoes: Prepare the potatoes according to the package instructions then season with paprika and salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare the Bacon: Cook the bacon according to the package instructions then chop the bacon. You can cook raw bacon if you prefer.
- Saute the Veggies: Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet. Add the chopped peppers and onions and cook until softened. Remove and set aside.
- Whisk and Season the Eggs: In a small bowl, whisk the eggs. Add a splash of water then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook the Eggs: Add olive oil or butter to the same skillet, then add the whisked eggs and scramble.
- Add Cheese: Turn off the heat, sprinkle the eggs with the shredded cheese, then cover until the cheese is melted.
- Assemble the Bowl: To assemble, add the potatoes and eggs to the bottom of a large bowl. Top with the peppers, onions, bacon, and avocado.
- Enjoy: Garnish with chopped green onions and enjoy!
Tips and Variations
This delicious breakfast bowl is customizable and can easily be made to your liking! I love the many variations and flavors that can be added to this bowl. Here are some ideas to get the ball rolling for you.
- Precooked Bacon: Using ready-made bacon is the best tip for prepping this recipe because it goes a lot faster.
- Switch Up the Meat: Use any meat you like in place of the bacon. Breakfast sausage or chicken sausage links would be delicious in this recipe! Or use a combination of meat for meat lovers.
- Use Different Veggies: Skies the limit on all the many veggies that would be yummy in this bowl. Use any vegetable your heart desires.
- Potato Options: Use leftover roasted potatoes, shredded hashbrowns, or even sweet potatoes would be yummy!
- Toppings: Have fun with the toppings! Guacamole would be so yummy! Make it spicy with jalapenos, or make it extra cheesy with cotija cheese on top. Serve this breakfast bowl with homemade salsa, or even ketchup! My kids love ketchup with breakfast.
How to Store Leftovers
This dish is so perfect for leftovers! It’s a great grab for breakfast the next day. I love having these leftovers on hand!
- In the Refrigerator: Once your dish has completely cooled then place leftovers in an airtight container. It will last in the fridge for up to 4-5 days. Remove the avocado if storing leftovers because it won’t keep well.
- To Reheat: This meal easily reheats in the microwave! Just heat it until warmed through and enjoy!
- 1 cup frozen hash brown potatoes, cubed
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 2 slices pre-cooked bacon,
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup green bell peppers, chopped
- 1/4 cup red bell peppers, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red onion, chopped
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- green onion, chopped
Prepare the potatoes according to the package instructions. Season with paprika and salt and pepper to taste.
Cook the bacon according to the package instructions then chop the bacon. You can cook raw bacon if you prefer.
Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet. Add the chopped peppers and onions and cook until softened. Remove and set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk the eggs. Add a splash of water and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Add olive oil or butter to the same skillet, then add the whisked eggs and scramble.
Turn off the heat, sprinkle the eggs with the shredded cheese, then cover until the cheese is melted.
To assemble, add the potatoes and eggs to the bottom of a large bowl. Top with the peppers and onions, bacon, and avocado.
Garnish with chopped green onions and enjoy!
Serving1bowlCalories1029kcal (51%)Carbohydrates54g (18%)Protein40g (80%)Fat75g (115%)Saturated Fat20g (100%)Polyunsaturated Fat9gMonounsaturated Fat41gTrans Fat0.1gCholesterol549mg (183%)Sodium784mg (33%)Potassium1565mg (45%)Fiber12g (48%)Sugar5g (6%)Vitamin A2585IU (52%)Vitamin C106mg (128%)Calcium413mg (41%)Iron6mg (33%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.